There are two gallery types to choose: Slideshow (default) and Masonry. Navigate to “Appearance” “Customize” “Gallery” from your admin panel to choose gallery type. Here also you can set gallery customization options like navigation color, animation effects, columns number, gap size and other.
Adding a Gallery to a Post or Page
- Click “Add Media” on the post/page edit screen .
- Click “Create Gallery” link on the left.
- Upload files or select existing and click ‘Create a new gallery’.
- Choose number of columns (for Masonry gallery) and image file size.
- Drag and drop items to change their order and click ‘Insert gallery’.
Note that post editor will display default WordPress gallery view.
You can change default image sizes in ‘Settings’ ‘Media’. Note that changes will be applied only on the images uploaded after. To regenerate sizes for previously uploaded images use one of the dedicated plugins.