There are two gallery types to choose: Slideshow (default) and Masonry. Navigate to “Appearance” [arr] “Customize” [arr] “Gallery” from your admin panel to choose gallery type. Here also you can set gallery customization options like navigation color, animation effects, columns number, gap size and other.
Adding a Gallery to a Post or Page
- Click “Add Media” on the post/page edit screen .
- Click “Create Gallery” link on the left.
- Upload files or select existing and click ‘Create a new gallery’.
- Choose number of columns (for Masonry gallery) and image file size.
- Drag and drop items to change their order and click ‘Insert gallery’.
Note that post editor will display default WordPress gallery view.
You can change default image sizes in ‘Settings’ [arr] ‘Media’. Note that changes will be applied only on the images uploaded after. To regenerate sizes for previously uploaded images use one of the dedicated plugins.